Conveniently located on the first floor of Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, Central, the Family Resource Center provides a comfortable, welcoming environment for reading, relaxing, and research. Our services are free and available to everyone at Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and Sloane Hospital for Women. Anyone with questions about children's and women's health can benefit from a call or visit to the Family Resource Center.
Additionally, our Business Center with fax, copy and scan capabilities is available for your use. The Center is staffed by a health librarian, who manages the Center and assists families to obtain health-related information to meet their specific needs.
The Family Resource Center offers:
- a comfortable stopping point between medical appointments
- assistance with accessing CaringBridge - a free online space where you can connect with family and friends, share information and receive support
- a complimentary Wi-Fi spot for parents to access the Internet either on the Center's computers or on personal laptops and other portable devices
- a business center for faxing, copying, and printing from the Center's computers
- information on Hospital amenities and services
- access to a health librarian who can direct you to the appropriate resources online, within the hospital and in the surrounding community.
- help with getting your questions answered by providing you with reliable, well researched health information
- a library of medical and consumer health books available for reading in the Center
- a small children's library with age-appropriate books
- a variety of magazines for adults and children in English and Spanish
- coffee, tea and cold water
Family Resource Center
For assistance, please contact Barbara Bunker, MSN, Health Librarian at the Center
Available Mon-Fri 10am-6pm, weekends 1-5pm