Our doctors are currently seeing patients through in-person and video visits.
When you call to schedule an appointment with our doctors, please let the team know if you want an in-person or video visit. If you request a video visit, our team will walk you through the simple process of arranging one. Call your preferred campus today to schedule an in-person or video visit* appointment.
* This service is open to new and existing patients.
People from all over our region and around the world come to NewYork-Presbyterian to receive care for Hodgkin lymphoma (also known as Hodgkin's disease) that is personalized and based on the latest advances in medical research. Our lymphoma experts are among the few teams around the world who have deciphered the basic science behind lymphoma development, patented lymphoma drugs, and directed national and international clinical trials leading to the domestic and international approval of new therapies. As a patient being treated for Hodgkin lymphoma at NewYork-Presbyterian, you'll benefit from this world-renowned expertise.
Experts in Lymphoma Diagnosis and Treatment
Our team of lymphoma specialists includes nationally and internationally recognized leaders in the field. For decades, we have been conducting pioneering research leading to treatments that now enable people with lymphoma to live longer and feel better. Through our clinical trials and the work in our research laboratories, we have helped develop and evaluate breakthrough treatments, including many of the lymphoma drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration since 2000.
Customized Plan of Care for Lymphoma
Each type of Hodgkin lymphoma has its own unique behavior and prognosis. Your care team will customize a treatment plan based on your type — whether you're just starting your first regimen of therapy, your cancer has come back, or you need a different treatment.
- In addition to standard therapies for the disease, we offer the latest medications — including innovative biological agents and targeted drugs. Many times, these treatments have fewer side effects and don’t carry the same risks as conventional chemotherapy.
- Integral to our approach is the desire to tailor specific treatments to you and your disease, rather than caring for every patient the same way. We take the time to help you understand your treatment choices so you can make an informed decision about what is best for you.
- While our ultimate goal is to find a cure for your disease, recent scientific advances are now allowing our doctors to control Hodgkin lymphoma in ways never before possible.
Precise Radiation Therapy
If your treatment plan includes radiation, you can receive highly precise radiation therapy in one of our modern radiation oncology units.
- We use the latest finely targeted radiation treatment methods, including image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). These techniques guide radiation beams to match the exact shape of your tumor and allow for dose adjustments.
- Using IGRT and IMRT, we can kill more cancer cells while damaging fewer healthy cells — which could mean fewer side effects for you.
Exceptional Experience in Stem Cell Transplantation
We perform more than 200 stem cell transplants a year. If your doctor recommends a transplant, you'll receive it from a team with an established track record in a hospital where all of your medical needs can be addressed.
- Our lymphoma experts have led clinical studies refining the use of stem cell transplantation in people with Hodgkin lymphoma that has come back or continued to grow despite other therapies.
- We have advanced transplant units offering individual monitoring and special airflow systems for patients with weakened immune systems.
- We also have special expertise in transplants from mismatched donors and offer approaches that reduce the risk of transplant-related complications.
As leaders in the field of lymphoma, we offer the largest portfolio of clinical trials in the world for people with this disease.
- Members of our team of lymphoma experts have invented new drugs for lymphomas and led their clinical development. They have also directed international studies leading to the approval of these therapies in other countries.
- Through clinical trials, our doctors aim to bring the latest advances in the understanding and treatment of lymphoma from the laboratory to our patients. You may have the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial assessing a promising new therapy.
Specialists and Subspecialists in Every Area
At NewYork-Presbyterian, we treat the whole person. Through our matrix cancer centers, you'll have access to the full resources of our top-ranked academic medical centers, including specialists from all areas who collaborate with our cancer experts to provide comprehensive care. This collaboration makes NewYork-Presbyterian an excellent choice for people with Hodgkin lymphoma.
Amazing thing are happening here
NewYork-Presbyterian has the best nurses, the best doctors. They are the real experts, and they absolutely saved my life.
Call for an Appointment
NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center