Our doctors are currently seeing patients through in-person and video visits.
When you call to schedule an appointment with our doctors, please let the team know if you want an in-person or video visit. If you request a video visit, our team will walk you through the simple process of arranging one. Call your preferred campus today to schedule an in-person or video visit* appointment.
* This service is open to new and existing patients.
People with non-Hodgkin lymphoma from across the country and around the world come to NewYork-Presbyterian to receive personalized, compassionate treatment based on the latest advances in medical research. Our lymphoma experts are among the few teams around the world who have deciphered the basic science behind lymphoma development, patented lymphoma drugs, and directed national and international clinical trials leading to the domestic and international approval of new therapies. We treat all types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, including:
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- Follicular lymphoma
- Mantle cell lymphoma
- Cutaneous and peripheral T-cell lymphomas
- Small lymphocytic lymphoma/chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia
Experts in Lymphoma Diagnosis and Treatment
Our team of lymphoma specialists includes nationally and internationally recognized leaders in the field. For decades, we have been conducting pioneering research leading to treatments that now enable people with lymphoma to live longer and feel better. Through our clinical and basic science research programs, our lymphoma teams have played a pivotal role in the development of most of the drugs recently approved for the disease. In some cases, our physicians and scientists have invented and/or led the international teams who paved the way for the approval of new treatments for select subtypes of lymphoma.
Customized Plan of Care
There are more than 70 distinct types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma and many different types of treatment, depending on the type, stage, and biology of your cancer. At NewYork-Presbyterian, our lymphoma specialists begin by identifying your exact type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma and customizing a treatment plan for you. We take the time to help you understand your treatment choices so you can make an informed decision about what is best for you. Our ultimate goal is to find a cure for your disease.
Treatment with the Latest Lymphoma Medications
In the past several years, people with non-Hodgkin lymphoma have benefited from the development of many new drugs for this disease — especially therapies that target the unique biological features of lymphoma and zero in on the specific molecules involved in cancer growth. Your doctors at NewYork-Presbyterian have access to the latest novel treatments and choose those best suited for you and your particular type of lymphoma. They are also devising new, more effective therapies to further extend survival.
Special Expertise and Leadership in T-Cell Lymphomas
Conventional chemotherapy regimens are markedly inadequate for T-cell lymphomas. To overcome a challenging prognosis, our lymphoma specialists are leveraging developments in biology and experimental therapies to create novel initial chemotherapy-free treatments, with the goal of improving patients' outcomes very early in the game. They also forged the first Global T-Cell Lymphoma Consortium, which brings together investigators from major T-cell lymphoma centers in Asia, North America, and Europe. Member sites will synchronize their research, accruing patients for innovative clinical trials. This consortium is designed to hasten the development of better treatments for peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL).
Precise Radiation Therapy
If your treatment plan includes radiation, you can receive highly precise radiation therapy in one of our modern radiation oncology units.
- We use the latest finely targeted radiation treatment methods, including image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) and intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). These techniques guide radiation beams to match the exact shape of your tumor and allow for dose adjustments.
- Using IGRT and IMRT, we can kill more cancer cells while damaging fewer healthy cells — which could mean fewer side effects for you.
Exceptional Experience in Stem Cell Transplantation
We perform more than 200 stem cell transplants a year. If your doctor recommends a transplant, you'll receive it from a team with an established track record in a hospital where all your medical needs can be addressed.
- We have advanced transplant units offering individual monitoring and special airflow systems for patients with weakened immune systems.
- We also have special expertise in transplants from mismatched donors and offer approaches that reduce the risk of transplant-related complications.
As leaders in the field of lymphoma, we offer the largest portfolio of clinical trials in the world for people with this disease.
- Members of our team of lymphoma experts have invented new drugs for lymphomas and led their clinical development. They have also directed international studies leading to the approval of these therapies in other countries.
- Through clinical trials, our doctors aim to bring the latest advances in the understanding and treatment of lymphoma from the laboratory to our patients. You may have the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial assessing a promising new therapy.
Click here to Learn More.
Specialists and Subspecialists in Every Area
At NewYork-Presbyterian, we treat the whole person. Through our matrix cancer centers, you'll have access to the full resources of our top-ranked academic medical centers, including specialists from all areas who collaborate with our cancer experts to provide comprehensive care. This collaboration makes NewYork-Presbyterian an excellent choice for people with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Call for an Appointment
NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center