Your Safety is Important to Us
We all have been through a lot these past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. While many things have changed in the world, you can count on us: the physicians and clinical care teams of Columbia, Weill Cornell Medicine, and NewYork-Presbyterian are here for you now and always.
We’ve seen a positive response from patients to our video visits. These will continue to be available. Video visits for primary care and all specialty areas are ideal for many patients, including children and family members. In the safety and convenience of your home, you will be able to get answers to your medical questions. You can also have follow-up visits and receive second opinions, among other services. Even new patients can see our physicians through video visits. Just call us to schedule an appointment, and we can help determine if you need an in-person or video visit.
We want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. We have expanded safety measures, and, in many respects your patient experience will be more comfortable, modern, and efficient than ever before.
We made a number of changes to protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Checking in Before You Arrive: In all of our locations, we will have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays can be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Screening at Welcome Stations: Upon arrival, patients will be provided with a mask. In addition to pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before you arrive, you will be screened upon your arrival.
- Staff and Patient Protection: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines, have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams.
- Disinfection and Cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- Visitors: For your safety, and the safety of our patients and staff, there are limitations on visitors. We will continue to follow the NYS Department of Health guidelines. Our visitor policy is available on our website.
We will continue to focus on delivering care at the highest safety standards. We remain dedicated to serving our patients and communities. From all of us at Columbia, Weill Cornell Medicine, and NewYork-Presbyterian, thank you for trusting us with your care. Be well, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Español | Français | русский | العربية | 中文 | 한국어
Visitor Policy Change due to 2019 Novel Coronavirus »
In response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak and in line with our revised Visitation Guidelines, only select entrances will be open at each Hospital throughout the NewYork-Presbyterian system. All other entrances will be closed and inaccessible to patients, visitors, and staff. The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remain our top priority at NewYork-Presbyterian. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Whether you are anticipating being admitted to NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, or seeking information about a friend or loved one currently in our care, we've gathered all of the information you need here in one place. Peace of mind is available 24/7, within and beyond our four walls.
Quick Link for Patients
Quick Link for Visitors
You Might Also Be Interested In...
All the numbers you need, all in one place.
Find a comprehensive telephone directory for NYPBMH services here. We are only a phone call away... MORE
Quality care may be closer than you think
We're in the heart of Park Slope, which means we're readily accessible by mass transit or by car. Find directions here. ... MORE
A concerned advocate for our patients
The NYPBMH patient representative is a concerned advocate who will assist you and your family with questions about the Hospital... MORE.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Patients & Visitors