Psychiatry and Mental Health
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is one of the few institutions in the New York metropolitan area to integrate neurology, rehabilitation medicine and psychiatry into one department, thus providing individuals with comprehensive care and ultimately reducing their length of stay at the hospital.
Our services include:
- Inpatient unit where symptoms of mental illness can be most effectively managed
- Current psychotherapeutic techniques
- Neuropsychological assessments
- Group psychotherapy and activity therapies
- Programs tailored to seniors who may be dealing with Alzheimer's disease, depression or other health issues utilizing a holistic biopsychosocial model
- Outpatient Faculty Practice services such as pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy
- Consultation to nursing homes
Our adult and child mental health services bring together the best of contemporary biological psychiatry and the most effective psychotherapy strategies. Our board-certified psychiatrists and licensed clinical psychologists are joined by a specialized team of skilled psychiatric nurses, social workers, activity therapists, nutritionists, and physical therapists. We also have a large network of specialists that are routinely involved in the care of our patients.
Click here to learn more about services for children.
Click here to learn more about services for seniors.